Frequently Asked Questions
Many answers refers to Tipp City Codified Ordinances which can be found online for reference.
Abandoned or Junk Vehicles
An abandoned or junk vehicles is defined in City ordinance 98.04 as a motor vehicle:
Left on private property for more than 72 hours without the permission of the person having the right to the possession of the property, on a public street or other property open to the public for purposes of vehicular travel or parking, or on or within the right-of-way of any road or highway, for 48 hours or longer;
- Three years old, or older;
- Extensively damaged, such damage including, but not limited to any of the following: missing wheels, tires, motor, or transmission.
Such vehicles can be reported to the police department by calling the dispatch center at 440-9911.
No person under 18 years of age shall be upon the public streets, sidewalks, alleys, or any unsupervised place in the city of Tipp City between the hours of 11:00 pm to 6:00 am on weekdays, and between the hours of 12:00 midnight to 6:00 am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Dumping of unwanted items is illegal in the City of Tipp City. Unwanted items can be disposed of by contacted Waste Management and arranging for pickup.
It is unlawful for any person to possess or sell fireworks in the City of Tipp City. Further, it is unlawful for any person to discharge, ignite, or explode any fireworks within the municipality. § 76.22
It is illegal to park or stop in a fire lane at any time. Fire lanes are marked by yellow curbing or striping and signs.
Garage sales do not require a permit and are permissible with the following guide lines:
Only one sign may be posted and only on the property where the event is being held. The sign may be posted 24 hours preceding the event and must be removed 2 hours after the event has ended. The maximum height of the sign shall not exceed 3 feet above the ground and shall not exceed 4 square feet in total size.
House numbers shall be displayed in a conspicuous place on the front of the building. The numbers must be at least 3 inches in height.
Reflective numbers and green reflective base plates are offered for sale by the Tipp City Fire Department. For more information contact the Fire Department at 937-667-9199.
Littering is illegal in the City of Tipp City. Please do your part and use proper trash receptacles to preserve the beauty of the City. Refer to City Ordinance: § 55.02 ILLEGAL DUMPING, § 94.03 DISCARDING LITTER PROHIBITED
Loud or annoying noise is governed bu City Ordinance, refer to City Ordinance: § 132.04 DISORDERLY CONDUCT, § 72.65 MECHANICAL EXHAUST BRAKING
A recreational fire may be kindled providing the following restrictions are adhered to:
- The fire is not offensive or objectionable because of smoke or odor emissions or when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fires hazardous.
- The wind velocity must be less than 10 MPH as indicated by the National Weather Service and is in a direction to carry smoke away from neighbors. This can be monitored on cable TV Channel 6.
- The fire must be located a minimum of 25 feet from any structure. Conditions which could cause a fire to spread within 25 feet of a structure shall be eliminated prior to ignition.
- It must be fueled with clean dry wood, natural gas or equivalent.
- Fire extinguishing materials must be at site of burning at all times.
- The fire shall be attended by a sober, responsible adult at all times.
- The fire shall be extinguished immediately when the event is completed and/or the responsible adult is leaving the fire.
- The fire shall be limited in size not larger than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in height.
- A recreational fire is one that is intended for cooking or enjoyment of those present.
- Trash, yard debris, leaves or any other smoke producing materials shall not be burned.
There are a number of parking regulations in Tipp City, please refer to section for more information. There is additional parking available in the Downtown are, look for sign to direct you. § 76.04 PARKING PROHIBITIONS
Permits are required street or alley closings, placing of dumpster in public right of way, solicitors, RV parking. Please contact the City of Tipp City for additional information on required permits.
Pet / Animal Regulations
No person owning or having control of a dog or any animal or fowl, shall permit it to run at large in any street, alley, public park (except the dog park located in Kyle Park), other public ground, or permit any animal to go upon any private yard or lot without the consent of the property owner.
No person shall keep a dog which engages in loud and frequent or habitual barking, howling or yelping, which causes annoyance or disturbance to the neighborhood.
The owner or person in control of any dog which defecates upon any property not owned by this person, shall pick up and remove all feces deposited by the dog and dispose of it in a sanitary manner.
The City of Tipp City has specific requirements for sign placement, refer to section § 154.090 - 154.112 for specific information.
Skateboarding is not permitted on any public or private property unless permission is obtained from the property owner. The City of Tipp City maintains a skateboard facility in Kyle Park.
Any person who attempts to sell or take orders for any goods or services with the municipality from any place other than a fixed place of business, must first be registered and licensed by the Clerk of the City of Tipp City. The solicitor shall have this license in his or her possession at all times while soliciting, and shall present it upon request. The license shall include the solicitor's name and photograph. Soliciting may only take place between the hours of 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. § 110.01