Pay & Benefits
Tipp City Police Department Pay & Benefits
- City Population:
- 9,689 as of 2010 Census
- Sworn full-time - 21
- Civilian full-time - 1
- Civilian part-time - 1
- Job Description
- Police Officer
- Miami County and Adjoining Counties
- Entry Level Rate $ 27.29 per hour
- Maximum Rate $ 35.74 per hour
- Education Incentive
- Cost of tuition and books reimbursed for job-related courses leading to a degree based on grade received (A=100%, B=85%, C=75%). Upon receipt of degree, additional compensation as follows:
- Associate Degree - $0.20 per hour
- Bachelor Degree - $0.40 per hour
- Shift Differential
- Night shift - $0.50 per hour
- Time and one-half (1½) for hours worked over 80 per pay period.
- Compensatory Time
- At employee’s option in lieu of overtime pay at the rate of time and one-half (1½). The maximum number of hours that can be accumulated is 80. 120 Hours used each year.
- Holiday Pay
- 9 Holidays, employee receives 8 hours pay for the holiday plus time and one-half (1½) first 8 hours worked on the holiday and double time for any additional hours worked.
- Court Time
- 3 hour minimum
- Personal Hours
- 32 hours per year
- Clothing Allowance
- New employee provided with all necessary uniforms and equipment. After first year annual allowance of $700 is provided.
- Off-Duty Gun Allowance
- Up to $300 is provided for purchase of off-duty weapon.
- Sick Leave
- 12 days per year, unlimited accumulation
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Employee pays 12 % of premium cost.
- Life Insurance
|Completed Years of Service
|1 to 6 years
|7 to 13 years
|14 to 22 years
|23rd year and after