COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
State of Ohio - Business Help
Ohio Chamber of Commerce Business Resources
- Central hub for Ohio business owners to view current temporary restrictions, available resources to help curb the COVID-19 impact on your business and pending legislation addressing COVID-19 and aiming to provide additional relief to businesses.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), the largest financial assistance bill ever, includes provisions to help small businesses.
- BusinessFirst! for a Greater Dayton Region is here to help your business navigate the ever-changing response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. We know this is a challenging time for your company, and we want to provide all resources available to help you weather this storm.
Federal Reserve Updates
- The Federal Reserve cut interest rates to zero on 3/15/2020 in response to COVID-19. This move is in an effort to encourage support of businesses who will suffer financial injury during quarantine times. Find details here.
State of Ohio Action Updates
- Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Resource page (Includes current number of cases in Ohio, latest information from Governor’s Office, educational content)
Unemployment Questions Answered (ODJFS)
- The Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services has set up a special COVID-19 website to answer employer and employee questions about unemployment. Visit Site
- Here’s a list of chamber members in the Employment & HR Services business category.
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans are not being processed yet. Please be patient, the State is working diligently to submit necessary documentation for the disaster declaration. In the meantime, you can find guidance from the SBA here
- Disaster Preparedness Factsheet (English | Spanish)
- Disaster Mitigation Factsheet (English | Spanish)
- Disaster Assistance Loans: Businesses & Nonprofits (English | Spanish)
- Disaster Assistance Loans: Homeowners & Renters (English | Spanish)
- Disaster Assistance Loans: Community Impact (English | Spanish)
Resources for Businesses
GUIDANCE ON PREPARING WORKPLACES FOR AN INFLUENZA PANDEMIC (OSHA)
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) developed this pandemic influenza planning guidance based upon traditional infection control and industrial hygiene practices. It is important to note that there is currently no pandemic; thus, this guidance is intended for planning purposes and is not specific to a particular viral strain.
COVID-19 SAFETY AND HEALTH STANDARDS, CONTROL & PREVENTION
An overview of information for workers and employers about the evolving Coronavirus outbreak. Includes links to OSHA standards, control and prevention, by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
U.S. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CORONAVIRUS RESOURCES
A resource page by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, including links to Resilience in a Box and Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Quick Guides.
U. S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA) WEBSITE
Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19.
Business Continuity Planning
BUSINESS PANDEMIC INFLUENZA PLANNING CHECKLIST (HHS & CDC)
Planning for pandemic influenza is critical. To assist you in your efforts, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have developed the following checklist for large businesses. It identifies important, specific activities large businesses can do now to prepare, many of which will also help you in other emergencies.
PANDEMIC PREPAREDNESS PLANNING FOR U.S. BUSINESSES WITH OVERSEAS OPERATIONS (CDC)
The United States Government has created the following guide to help U.S. businesses with overseas operations prepare and implement pandemic business continuity. This is a list of suggestions and can serve as a starting point for developing a comprehensive plan. The checklist highlights actions applicable to businesses of all sizes, although each item does not necessarily apply to every overseas business.
LEGAL GUIDANCE ON WORKPLACE PANDEMIC PLANNING (EEOC)
This technical assistance document provides information about Titles I and V of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and pandemic planning in the workplace. It identifies established ADA principles that are relevant to questions frequently asked about workplace pandemic planning.